User Experience Design
An exploration of various user experience methods
Our Buckets app overview
Project DescriptionThis project aims to help people record and discover new restaurants and activities that they hope to experience. The app is a collaborative tool for managing bucket lists, scheduling get-togethers with friends, and creating a seamless way to get you from idea to action. People often have trouble thinking of ideas for what to do with their friends and finding time to do it. By streamlining this process, one is able to express what they like, see what others like, and find the happy medium.
Duration: 4 weeks
Tools: Sketch, InVision
A survey composed of 8 students indicated that 87.5% write down places that they want to go in the future. 37.5% of students most enjoyed the prospect of being able to plan and schedule hangouts with friends, while 37.5% said they were excited to be able to find restaurants based off of places they and their friends had in common. The majority of people said their biggest pain point in planning a hangout was figuring out where to go.
1. People naturally create their own forms of bucket lists.
2. People have trouble finding places they and their friends all like.
3. People have trouble finding times they and their friends are all available.
Names: Ashley and Nancy
Ashley and Nancy live in NYC and hang out often but are also busy. They always have trouble picking a place to eat even though they both have a lot of places they want to go to.
Goal: To be able to pick a place to eat seamlessly without too much back and forth. To be able to split the bill without needing to remember to do it after the meal
Names: Josh and Harper
Josh and Harper have their first date Saturday and Josh wants to pick a great place Harper will like. Harper is a very picky eater
Goal: To be able to pick a restaurant they both will like and to pay the bill without making the end of the date awkward.
Names: Shelly, Alice, Michelle, Katya
Ages: 20 and 21
A group of 4 girls want to plan spring break and pick the perfect destination. They often have strong opinions and don’t want to go somewhere anyone has been before. They also have to find a time their schedules will meet up
Goal: The group wants to pick a destination without back and forth
Instagram Stories Research Overview
Quick Fix Prototype
A fully functional prototype of Instagram Stories featuring a layer system designed to create seamless movement and re-sizing of stickers
iBooks Research Overview
• The iBooks app does not resize PDF files to fit a constrained frame. When using the highlighting feature, the tools section covers the bottom and the top of the file.
• The user is unable to swipe to the next page without turning off the highlighting feature.
• Add a tool bar during import to allow the user to choose full size or fit to a constrained box. The highlighting tool bar and other buttons involving touch will be placed outside the contained area.
• Create two options for flipping the page including arrows outside the contained area and a double tap feature to allow users to go to the next page without turning off the highlighting feature.